Dell Studio 15 1535 1536 1537 1555 1557 1558 HDD Caddy
Welcome, Log in
This HDD Caddy replaces the dvd-drive or blu-ray drive from the Dell Studio 15 1535 1536 1537 1555 1557 1558 to add a second SATA hard drive! The frontside of the HDD Caddy has a mounting holder for the plastic bezel of the dvd-drive. It will fit any 2.5" HDD or SSD. The caddy supports SATAI, SATAII, and SATAIII transfer speeds. The built-in lock screws make it easy to mount your second hard drive in the caddy. The caddy is build from aluminium which makes it light, sturdy and provides cooling for the harddrive. The inside of the caddy has a plastic holder to absorb noise and vibrations from a 2nd HDD.
If you like to install the HDD Caddy in a Dell Studio with a slot-in DVD-drive it requires a little more work.
1. Remove the battery
2. You will see a little screw near the battery connector. Unscrew this screw.
3. You can now carefully remove the grill that sits around the keyboard. Beneath the grill are the speakers.
4. Remove the screws securing the keyboard of the laptop.
5. Gently lift up the keyboard and remove the connectors.
6. Disconnect the cables wired to the WLAN card.
7. Disconnect the display cable.
8. At the top cover there are 10 screws. Remove these 10 screws.
9. Gently lift up the top cover.
10. Use a bankcard and slide it between the top and bottom cover to seperate both covers.
11. If the top cover is removed you can now see the optical drive.
12. Remove the optical drive (only 1 screw)
13. Place the HDD Caddy in the Dell laptop.
14. Now put everything back in its place by following these staps backwards.
- supports 2.5" SATA laptop hard drive or SSD max. 2TB, please read more here
- supports SATA I, II, III (max. 6gbps)
- including mini hex key
- updated SATA board: incl. fix for Dell shutdown problem with 2nd HDD
Dell Studio 15 1535 1536 1537 1555 1557 1558 series
Bezel install on HDD Caddy
|Dell Inspiron N5010 15 15R||HP ProBook 4540s|
|Asus N550||Lenovo IdeaPad Y500|
Revisions ensure compatibility and fit for different laptops. Design/color might deviate from our standard HDDCaddy model/product picture.
No customer comments for the moment.