Which HDD Caddy can I order or use that is supported by my laptop brand and model?
You can click on our categories to see the list of laptop brands. Once you click on your own brand, for example 'Asus'. It shows a list of model series that are supported by HDD Caddy. Click on one of those series and you'll see a list of model names. Click on your model name for the correct HDD Caddy.
Alternatively you can use our search function. Type part of your laptop's brand and model and it'll show a list of HDD Caddy that might matches with your laptop. For example start with Dell Latitude E and it shows all models that starts with Dell Latitude E.
Is your laptop not listed? Or you can't find your model? Please don't hestitate to contact us at info[at]hddcaddy.com
What hard drive (HDD) or SSD is compatible with HDD Caddy? For example what is the max size and is there a brand and model compatibility?
You can use all 2.5" SATA HDD with max height of 9.5mm. Max. size can be 4TB.
You can use all 2.5" SATA SSD with max height of 9.5mm. Max. size can be 4TB.
How do I install HDD Caddy in my laptop?
Installation for most laptops is quite easy. It is doable even if you are not quite technical. The dvd-drive in most laptops is a removable device / consumer servicable part. This means it is easy to swap it for a new dvd-drive, or a HDD Caddy in this case. In most cases the dvd-drive is held by one tiny screw. You can find this screw at the bottom of your laptop. Sometimes it is even indicated with a small dvd/cd symbol. Remove this screw and you can pull the dvd-drive from dvd-bay. Swap it with the HDD Caddy.
You can also check our Youtube channel for video's about installing the HDD Caddy in laptops. It might give you an impression of how it can be done.
What do I do if HDD or SSD is not recognized in HDD Caddy by my laptop?
In most cases HDD Caddy really works plug and play. Once the HDD Caddy is installed your HDD or SSD is immediately recognized by your computer. Is your SSD or HDD new and it hasn't been formatted? Then you might need to format first so you can use it. It works similar as plugging in a new USB stick.
- There are few troubleshoot walkthroughs you can follow. Start by reseating the drive inside the HDD Caddy. Is it probably connected? If so, any hard drive will start spinning up when your power on the laptop. You can probably feel or hear it through your laptop.
- Sometimes changing the SATA drivers might fix compatibility problems. In your device manager change the intel SATA drivers to generic SATA drivers.
- BIOS reset to factory settings also help recognizing new hardware that is directly communicating with your motherboard, such as SATA ports.
- BIOS configuration settings such as secure boot and UEFI might block the operating system from recognizing the 2nd drive in your laptop.
- BIOS settings such port 0 sata should be enabled to make sure your sata ports are not disabled.
- Disable energy/power settings in Windows or Windows applications. Since your utilizing the dvd-bay for the extra hard drive, it is possible energy saving applications might disable the dvd-bay power to save energy. This prevents access to the HDD or SSD in the dvd bay as well.
Do you ship to my country?
We do ship worldwide and to various countries. Some countries might be excluded. You can find the complete list at shipping information.
- Basically we ship to all countries in Europe
- We ship to most countries outside Europe (North America, South America, Asia, etcetera).
All shipping is just 2,45 euro to all countries.
How can I return my product?
We do not have a strict return policy. If you like to return the producht you can easily do so but please contact us first.
- Returning within 14 days after receiving the order. You do not have to submit a reason.
- The amount you have paid for your order will be fully paid back to you.
- Repayment will be in 1-2 working days (max. 5 working days).
- It is OK if the packaging is damaged or the original packaging is missing.
To return please contact us first at info[at]hddcaddy.com
If you return the item, please included the invoice or a note to refer to your order so we can see from whom the package is.
Our return address:
HDDCaddy return / (order reference)
Europalaan 20 - K0005
3526 KS Utrecht
When will I receive my order?
After receiving your payment correctly, your order will be immediately shipped. We do this every business day. You can find an overview of all the shipping times on the customer service page.
– For example. Germany has a delivery time of 2 – 5 business days. Meaning if you order and pay at Monday January 20th, it will be delivered between:
- day 1 - 22th Wednesday,
- day 2 - 23th Thursday,
- day 3 - 24th Friday,
- No weekenddays,
- day 4 - 28th Monday,
- day 5 - and 29th Tuesday.
A delay can happen but absolutely no longer than 4 days. If you have not received your item within the estimated delivery time contact us as soon as possible.
We always check shipping address manually but in any case make sure you submit the full and correct address!